8.25.2011

All Hail Carine

ir·rev·er·ent/iˈrev(ə)rənt/
Adjective:
Showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first time I laid eyes on Carine Roitfeld's beautiful style, was when I was about 10 years old. I was looking for the Style Network online, so I typed in "style.com" and instead I was taken away to a magical wonderland of fashion ecstasy. I browsed the site and ended up on the "people" section and I stumbled upon Carine's page. I looked for more information about this beautiful fashion creature and discovered she was the Editor-in-Chief of French Vogue. I was instantly captivated and ever since that day, Carine has been my fashion hero. I couldn't afford to buy French Vogue at 10 years old and my mother would have DIED if she caught me reading it, so whenever I had the chance to go to my local Barnes and Noble (my mother had always taken me there so she could teach me how to read when I was younger) I would sneak peeks at whatever issue they had when my mother wasn't paying attention. Of course I was shocked at how beautiful the clothes were and completely taken aback by the erotic nature of everything she did in that magazine, but I just couldn't look away. Years and years of this "sneak-peeking" ensued then I finally got a job and then BAM!!!- news broke one sad morning, that Carine is leaving French Vogue, a position that she has had for 10 years. I was floored. "Wow, this is unreal," I thought to my self. "I better get an issue before its too late!" So I rushed over to my faithful spot at Barnes and Noble and practically ran and grabbed the last issue they had on the stands of Carine's final French Vogue with Saskia de Brauw on the cover. I hugged my copy ( of course everyone around me was staring at me like I was crazy!) But I didn't care- I finally had my very own copy of French Vogue and no one could ever take it away from me. Then it was announced that Carine was going to release a book with Oliver Zahm about her career called "Irreverent" and of course I started shaking. The moment it came out on Amazon.com I ordered my copy. When it came in the mail I cried. The book was so beautiful. Carine's "lack of respect" for what my mother would call plain decency , is what has allowed her to give us some of the most powerful images that fashion has ever seen. So now I am here to give you little glimpses of the book and some of my favorite snaps of my dearest Carine.
Enjoy!
Love,
Ashley

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





PhotobucketPhotobucket






PhotobucketPhotobucket






PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket
Images: upscalehype.com, iwanttobearoitfeld.com, whatsupflo.com, fashionistasworld.blogspot.com, hopehope.ch, www.thefyiblog.com, style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment